In the following line you can read more about up selling and real example of […]
In the following line you can read more about up selling and real example of upselling. Upselling (you may write it up selling) is a crucial tool for increasing your income. Upselling has a basic rule: offer a better option to your customer with higher profit to your business. You can read more about the upselling definition in the other post. You should notice that higher profit does not mean a higher price. For instance, in an e-commerce business, to achieve higher profit you should consider several factors based on:
- The product: it is not a good idea to offer a tablet to the customer who wants to buy a smartphone.
- The location of your customer: it may affect your shipping fee.
- The social class of customer: it gives your customers a better experience. It is not a good idea to offer Huawei smartphone to a customer who wants to buy iPhone X.
- Previous purchase
In the following paragraphs, the most outstanding example of upselling will be explicated.
Real examples of upselling in E-Commerce:
As you can see in this link, after the description part of “Apple iPhone 6”, amazon compares other products of apple. You may pay more to buy the iPhone 7 after comparing with similar items. It is obvious while customers are aware of the difference and benefits of the product, it is easier for them to pay more money.
In summary, based on the given example of upselling we can say all successful companies using the following keywords in their up selling pages:
- information about the features and benefits of paying more money.
- If it is possible, compare the products in one brand.
- Do not give more than 4 offers. Do not make your customers confuse with plenty of offers.
Real examples of upselling in Hotel:
Booking.com is a famous website in order to reserve hotels and flights. In this section, we just review the process of reservation for hotels.
Offering better room:
After you select your destination, Booking.com offers you several hotels based on several sorts, for instance: Price, rates and, etc. After you the hotel, you can see several options and all options has a specific amount of discount. In the next step sometimes the website offers you better available rooms at a higher price.
Offering breakfast, taxi, and renting a car :
The main action which we really can call it upselling taks place here! The website offers you three services: breakfast, offer taxi and rental a car. You may use the same method on your website. The screenshot of this step is available in the following image. By using Upselling ad cross-selling technique you can increase your income.
Staff in the hotel and reservation section can offer several options to the customer to increase the profit per each customer. in the following line, you can read several options which are resembled to provide to the customers.
- Foods: Customers can use the restaurant which is located in the hotel in order to serve their meal.
- Spa and wellness: It is a great idea for customers who are traveled from other countries. It is better to offer them on the first night.
- Features and accessories in the room: You may provide some video games for customers who are traveling with their son or daughter.
I will write about another real example of upselling. Follow our newsletter and don’t miss our posts.
If you use WordPress, you may use Woocommerce Boost Sales. This plugin provides upselling and cross-selling. You can set upselling and cross-selling manually and automatically, or set some category to show as offers.